accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Luk Vervenne <...@synergetics.be>
Subject Re: Accumulo and OSGi
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 15:13:29 GMT
osgi... see wso2.com

On 31 Mar 2014, at 16:58, Geoffry Roberts <threadedblue@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I have a project for which Accumulo it appears will serve well.  However, I have a significant
amount of code I want to leverage that runs in OSGi.  I don't need for Accumulo itself to
be OSGi based but the Accumulo client yes.  I see that the Accumulo client uses all the dependencies
of the Hadoop client and therefore is not OSGi ready at this time.  The Hadoop client certainly
doesn't do OSGi--I don't think it can even spell it :-)--and attempting to make it so starts
turning into a sure path to a long sojourn through dependency hell.  I know, I've tried.

> Nonetheless, I would like to ask: Is there any interest in the Accumulo world of having
an OSGi based client for this otherwise very appealing database?