accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New to Accumulo - Questions on Version Compatibility and Persisting Java Objects
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:56:22 GMT
Running on the Accumulo 1.5 line will be easier to manage as it
eliminates an extra Accumulo process (that was necessitated due to
limitations in pre-Hadoop2).

In short, if you're running Hadoop2, 1.5.1 is a good idea :)

As for serializing objects, I haven't done too much in that realm. There
are lots of different objects of serialization frameworks (avro,
protobuf, etc), but I'm not familiar with too many ORM solutions for
Accumulo outside of Gora.