accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Unknown" Table state
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 07:00:58 GMT
There's an O'Reilly book in the works that I think has a preview available.

The flexibility of Accumulo is that it allows you to create your own
serialization mechanisms to store/retrieve data. This gives you the
ability to structure data in such a way that is efficient for your use
cases. The problem, as you stumbled upon, is that this can be rather
overwhelming.

There are lots of examples that you can look at to help provide some
examples (e.g. Pig[1], Jaccson[2], OpenTSDB[3], or just look at
Github[4]). I'm not aware of any library that's general-purpose enough
for universal use.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pig/trunk/src/org/apache/pig/backend/hadoop/accumulo/AccumuloStorage.java
[2] https://github.com/acordova/jaccson