accumulo-user mailing list archives

From kunklejr <kunkl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "NOT" operator in visibility string
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:36:24 GMT
So is there any consensus on whether this should be included? I would use it
right away on a current project if it were. I understand the security risks
that have been discussed with having a NOT operator, but I see its use as a
decision to be made by the development team. If the project deems use of a
the NOT operator as too risky, then they should implement a design that
doesn't use it. I don't think you can prevent people from making poor
decisions/implementations simply by limiting the functionality. It could be
misused as is today.