accumulo-user mailing list archives

From <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Hadoop HA with Accumulo 1.5
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:27:05 GMT
We had an issue in our testing
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-2480). The root cause was a
misconfiguration for automatic failover. The sshfence feature does not
handle network failures, so you have to configure it with the
shell(/bin/true) command also (separated by a newline, unlike other Hadoop
configuration property values). However, if you end up with a hiccup in the
failover for some reason, you could run into ACCUMULO-2480. I had to restart
the entire Accumulo database because different tservers started reporting
the error. A restart of Accumulo did work and recovered with no issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser [mailto:josh.elser@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:06 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop HA with Accumulo 1.5

Yes, removing the biggest SPOF from the entire Accumulo architecture is a
good thing :)

The usage of it with Accumulo is, given all of my testing, completely
transparent. Once you configure HDFS correctly, there should be nothing
additional you have to do with Accumulo except make sure instance.dfs.uri in
accumulo.site.xml is up to date.

On 3/20/14, 6:17 PM, Ott, Charlie H. wrote:
> So I was looking into the software configuration for HA in regard to
> hdfs clients utilizing the class

"org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider"