accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Ott, Charlie H." <CHARLES.H....@leidos.com>
Subject RE: Accumulo with Kerberos Error
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 18:57:09 GMT
Usually I manually issue the ticket to the accumulo process owners on all servers in the cluster.
 Then using a bash script, you can create a cronjob that will renew the tickets.

Run on master as accumulo user, ensuring passwordless ssh is enabled...

#!/bin/bash
ssh server2 "kinit -R"
ssh server3 "kinit -R"

So if your tablet servers are running as user "accumulo", then I usually log in to the 'accumulo'
account, perform a kinit, then start-all.sh

I had a lot of issues with renewing the ticket before the expiration date, so after tweaking
the principal properties, eventually I just set the ticket life for a year on that specific
principal.

From: user-return-3779-CHARLES.H.OTT=leidos.com@accumulo.apache.org [mailto:user-return-3779-CHARLES.H.OTT=leidos.com@accumulo.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Hyokwon Lee
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:40 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Accumulo with Kerberos Error

Hi All,

I have an update to my issue.  Have turning on kerberos debug logging, I have found that a
new kerberos ticket is initialized after the current ticket expires.  However table scans
fail after the expiration of the original ticket that was issued at startup of accumulo services.
 In the logs I see the following errors:

When trying to scan a table:
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.AccumuloServerException:
Error on server accumulo.test.local:9997

Numerous
!METADATA -> FILE_READ -> /accumulo/tables/!0/root_tablet/xxxx
Call to accumulo.test.local/127.0.0.1:8020<http://127.0.0.1:8020> failed on local exception:
java.io.IOException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException:
No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

and the log also keeps spamming:

[securty.UserGroupInformation] ERROR: PrivilegedActionException as:accumulo/accumulo.test.local@TEST.LOCAL
(auth:KERBEROS) cause:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException:
No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

Has anyone seen this occur before?   I can simply recreate this issue by letting the accumulo
services start up and expire and then just watching the logs and scanning the tables.

Thanks,

Hokie

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Hyokwon Lee <hyokwon.lee@gmail.com<mailto:hyokwon.lee@gmail.com>>