accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Anthony F <afc...@gmail.com>
Subject tserver side parallelism
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:19:51 GMT
How do the config variables tserver.readahead.concurrent.max and
tserver.scan.files.open.max interact with BatchScanner threads requested
from the Connector?  I have tserver.readahead.concurrent.max set to 64 and
tserver.scan.files.open.max set to 100.  However, unless I bump up the
number of BatchScanner threads, I don't see much tserver side parallelism.
 If I bump up the number of BatchScanner threads, then I can see multiple
scans per tserver.  What governs the number of tserver side threads used to
execute a scan and what prevents too many threads from spinning up to
service multiple concurrent scans from independent clients?