accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Russ Weeks <rwe...@newbrightidea.com>
Subject Seeing lots of "Internal error processing waitForTableOperation"
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 04:10:28 GMT
Hi, All,

I can't delete any tables through the accumulo shell, I keep getting the
message: "Internal error processing waitForTableOperation".

Recently my accumulo cluster has started showing this error repeatedly in
the master log:
[state.MetaDataTableScanner] WARN : No prev-row for key extent: {z< : []
9223372036854775807 false=loc243f8e8ad6f5875>.10.128.1.17:9997
~tab~pr-��}

And this error in the monitor log:
[util.TabletIterator] WARN : gc:agile01 Metadata problem : tablet !0;!0<
has no prev end row

And this in the GC log:
[util.TabletIterator] WARN : Metadata problem : tablet !0;!0< has no prev
end row
[util.TabletIterator] INFO : Resetting !METADATA scanner to [!0 : []
9223372036854775807 false,~ : [] 9223372036854775807 false)

Maybe coincidence, but it seems like things started getting weird when I
added a WholeRowIterator through the accumulo shell (which is nonsense, I
know). The iterators on one of my tables (36M entries) look like this:

-    Iterator WholeRowIterator, scan scope options:
-        iteratorPriority = 50
-        iteratorClassName =
org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.user.WholeRowIterator
-    Iterator rowdel, majc scope options:
-        iteratorPriority = 30
-        iteratorClassName =
org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.user.RowDeletingIterator
-    Iterator transformer, majc scope options:
-        iteratorPriority = 15
-        iteratorClassName =
com.phemi.agile.datapolicy.DataColumnTransformer
-        maxBufferSize = 256M
-    Iterator vers, majc scope options:
-        iteratorPriority = 20
-        iteratorClassName =
org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.user.VersioningIterator
-        maxVersions = 1
-    Iterator vers, minc scope options:
-        iteratorPriority = 20
-        iteratorClassName =
org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.user.VersioningIterator
-        maxVersions = 1
-    Iterator vers, scan scope options:
-        iteratorPriority = 20
-        iteratorClassName =
org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.user.VersioningIterator
-        maxVersions = 1

I tried deleting DataColumnTransformer, RowDeletingIterator and
WholeRowIterator. No errors were returned from the deleteiter command in
the shell but after running listiter, the WholeRowIterator and
RowDeletingIterator are still there.

I *am* still able to create tables, but tables that I create can't then be
deleted.

Any advice appreciated,
-Russ