accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unique list of columns
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:50:53 GMT
Nope, you're stuck with enumerating the data in the common case because
Accumulo doesn't limit the number of colfams that you can create. But, it
is relatively easy to create a new table that tracks these for you (you can
extrapolate this into keep occurrence counts too for more fun).

You can do an efficient skip over every column and row, but that's
typically too slow even being as efficient as possible.