accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey+li...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo with Kerberos Error
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:39:11 GMT
Hi Hokie!

Are the kerberos tickets you're getting renewable?

-Sean

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Hyokwon Lee <hyokwon.lee@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently running into an issue and was hoping someone may have some
> insight to the problem.
>
> Running Accumulo 1.4.3 on top of a Kerberos enabled Hadoop. I followed the
> following instructions in the README:
>
> "If you are running on top of hdfs with kerberos enabled, then you need to do
> some extra work. First, create an Accumulo principal
>
>   kadmin.local -q "addprinc -randkey accumulo/<host.domain.name>"
>
> where <host.domain.name> is replaced by a fully qualified domain name. Export
> the principals to a keytab file. It is safer to create a unique keytab file for each
> server, but you can also glob them if you wish.
>
>   kadmin.local -q "xst -k accumulo.keytab -glob accumulo*"
>
> Place this file in $ACCUMULO_HOME/conf for every host. It should be owned by
> the accumulo user and chmodded to 400. Add the following to the accumulo-env.sh
>
> In the accumulo-site.xml file on each node, add settings for general.kerberos.keytab
> and general.kerberos.principal, where the keytab setting is the absolute path
> to the keytab file ($ACCUMULO_HOME is valid to use) and principal is set to
> accumulo/_HOST@<REALM>, where REALM is set to your kerberos realm. You may use
> _HOST in lieu of your individual host names.
>
>   <property>
>     <name>general.kerberos.keytab</name>
>     <value>$ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/accumulo.keytab</value>
>   </property>
>
>   <property>
>     <name>general.kerberos.principal</name>
>     <value>accumulo/_HOST@MYREALM</value>
>   </property>
>
> You can then start up Accumulo as you would with the accumulo user, and it will
> automatically handle the kerberos keys needed to access hdfs.
>
> Please Note: You may have issues initializing Accumulo while running kerberos HDFS.
> You can resolve this by temporarily granting the accumulo user write access to the
> hdfs root directory, running init, and then revoking write permission in the root
> directory (be sure to maintain access to the /accumulo directory)."
>

> After doing so, got accumulo to come up and initially it states on start up that i authenticated
using accumulo/hostname.test.local@TEST.LOCAL.  For the next 24 hour it is happy and everything
works.   However after the 24 hour marker which is when the kerberos ticket expires, I start
seeing the following errors on all TServers:

> [securty.UserGroupInformation] ERROR: PrivilegedActionException as:accumulo/tserver1.test.local@TEST.LOCAL
(auth:KERBEROS) cause:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException:
No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

> [ipc.Client] WARN : Exception encountered while connecting to the server : javax.security.sasl.SasleEception:
GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level:
Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

> [securty.UserGroupInformation] ERROR: PrivilegedActionException as:accumulo/tserver1.test.local@TEST.LOCAL
(auth:KERBEROS) cause:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException:
No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

> And as far as I can tell this just retries and keeps failing.   I checked the accumulo.keytab
file and it is a glob so it has the entries for every server that Accumulo is on.   Also if
I manually do a kinit -kt accumulo.keytab accumulo/tserver1.test.local@TEST.LOCAL it works
find and I get a valid ticket.  I also made sure everything in hdfs under "/accumulo" is owned
by accumulo so that doesn't seem to be the problem.  Also made sure after kiniting I can access
the directory path and all sub directories.

> So far the only thing that seems to fix my issue is if I bounce all accumulo services
and it is happy again.  Also until I bounce the accumulo services, I get error logs stating
it cannot scan any of the tables (unable to scan metadata, root_tablet, default_tablet, etc.)
 Has anyone else seen this issue?  Did I miss a configuration somewhere possibly?