accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Hyokwon Lee <hyokwon....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo with Kerberos Error
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 20:11:28 GMT
Charles and John,

Thanks for the help.   I am going to make the tickets renewable and give it
a test.  I will let you guys know if it works.

~Hokie

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 2:43 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> No, they need to be renewable. The system automatically renews them when
> they expire.
>

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Hyokwon Lee <hyokwon.lee@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Sean,
>>
>> The Kerberos Tickets that are being used are not renewable.   Should they
>> be?   I assume even if they are after their renewable time expires I will
>> run into the same issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Hokie
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey+lists@cloudera.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Hokie!
>>>
>>> Are the kerberos tickets you're getting renewable?
>>>
>>> -Sean

Export

You may use

HDFS.

up that i authenticated using accumulo/hostname.test.local@TEST.LOCAL.  For the next 24 hour
it is happy and everything works.   However after the 24 hour marker which is when the kerberos
ticket expires, I start seeing the following errors on all TServers:

(auth:KERBEROS) cause:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException:
No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

: javax.security.sasl.SasleEception: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid
credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

(auth:KERBEROS) cause:javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException:
No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]

the accumulo.keytab file and it is a glob so it has the entries for every server that Accumulo
is on.   Also if I manually do a kinit -kt accumulo.keytab accumulo/tserver1.test.local@TEST.LOCAL
it works find and I get a valid ticket.  I also made sure everything in hdfs under "/accumulo"
is owned by accumulo so that doesn't seem to be the problem.  Also made sure after kiniting
I can access the directory path and all sub directories.

services and it is happy again.  Also until I bounce the accumulo services, I get error logs
stating it cannot scan any of the tables (unable to scan metadata, root_tablet, default_tablet,
etc.)  Has anyone else seen this issue?  Did I miss a configuration somewhere possibly?

>> --
>> Hyokwon Lee
>> hyokwon.lee@gmail.com

Hyokwon Lee