accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best practice for deploying server side iterator jars
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:29:39 GMT
A word of warning... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-487

Be careful about redeploying jars in "rapid" succession as it's possible
that you'll get hit with the above issue. The classloader is currently
configured to monitor the filesystem every second -- it might be prudent
to make sure you wait at least 5s to make sure each file monitor sees
the update.

On 2/20/14, 5:53 AM, Brian Loss wrote:
> Starting with Accumulo 1.5 there is a VFS class loader that is capable of loading jars
from HDFS.  If you have a look at the accumulo-site.xml in conf/examples/vfs-classloader,
there is example configuration in the "VFS ClassLoader Settings” section.

> If you’re on 1.4 or earlier, I don’t believe there is any alternative to just making
sure the jars are distributed to all tservers.

> On Feb 20, 2014, at 7:54 AM, Mike Hugo <mike@piragua.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm wondering if there's an easy way to make sure a jar we have with custom server
side iterators gets properly placed into the tserver classpath on each tserver (in ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/ext).
 We are about to integrate that into our devops scripts so that the jar is put in the right
place as part of server install and configuration, but i was wondering - is there a way to
put the jar into HDFS or something so that it's more "automagically" picked up by all the
tservers?