accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Number of running scans seems limited
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 20:14:52 GMT
It depends. First off, there's the number of scanners and threads given
to batchscanners which control how many client "scan sessions" are
incoming to the cluster.

Some discussion on an earlier thread might help:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/accumulo-user/201402.mbox/%3C52F542E5.90002%40gmail.com%3E

If you have "dense" tablets where you're scanning for multiple Ranges
which are all co-located on the same tablet, I believe that those
multiple Ranges that lie on a single tablet (within one ScanSession)
will be binned together and then run sequentially, so you wouldn't see
server-side concurrency there.