accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Mike Hugo <m...@piragua.com>
Subject Re: best practice for deploying server side iterator jars
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:18:20 GMT
Great, thanks Brian!
Mike

> On Feb 20, 2014, at 7:53 AM, Brian Loss <bfloss@praxiseng.com> wrote:
>
> Starting with Accumulo 1.5 there is a VFS class loader that is capable of loading jars
from HDFS.  If you have a look at the accumulo-site.xml in conf/examples/vfs-classloader,
there is example configuration in the "VFS ClassLoader Settings" section.

> If you're on 1.4 or earlier, I don't believe there is any alternative to just making
sure the jars are distributed to all tservers.

>> On Feb 20, 2014, at 7:54 AM, Mike Hugo <mike@piragua.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm wondering if there's an easy way to make sure a jar we have with custom server
side iterators gets properly placed into the tserver classpath on each tserver (in ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/ext).
 We are about to integrate that into our devops scripts so that the jar is put in the right
place as part of server install and configuration, but i was wondering - is there a way to
put the jar into HDFS or something so that it's more "automagically" picked up by all the
tservers?