accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Brian Loss <bfl...@praxiseng.com>
Subject Re: best practice for deploying server side iterator jars
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:53:04 GMT
Starting with Accumulo 1.5 there is a VFS class loader that is capable of loading jars from
HDFS.  If you have a look at the accumulo-site.xml in conf/examples/vfs-classloader, there
is example configuration in the "VFS ClassLoader Settings” section.

If you’re on 1.4 or earlier, I don’t believe there is any alternative to just making sure
the jars are distributed to all tservers.

On Feb 20, 2014, at 7:54 AM, Mike Hugo <mike@piragua.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if there's an easy way to make sure a jar we have with custom server side
iterators gets properly placed into the tserver classpath on each tserver (in ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/ext).
 We are about to integrate that into our devops scripts so that the jar is put in the right
place as part of server install and configuration, but i was wondering - is there a way to
put the jar into HDFS or something so that it's more "automagically" picked up by all the
tservers?