accumulo-user mailing list archives

From <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: best practice for deploying server side iterator jars
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:18:04 GMT
You will also want to set the replication on the directory/jars in HDFS to
something high. I think in my testing I could not set it above 50.

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser [mailto:josh.elser@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:30 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: best practice for deploying server side iterator jars

A word of warning... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-487

Be careful about redeploying jars in "rapid" succession as it's possible
that you'll get hit with the above issue. The classloader is currently
configured to monitor the filesystem every second -- it might be prudent to
make sure you wait at least 5s to make sure each file monitor sees the
update.

On 2/20/14, 5:53 AM, Brian Loss wrote:
> Starting with Accumulo 1.5 there is a VFS class loader that is capable of
conf/examples/vfs-classloader, there is example configuration in the "VFS
ClassLoader Settings" section.

> If you're on 1.4 or earlier, I don't believe there is any alternative to
just making sure the jars are distributed to all tservers.

> On Feb 20, 2014, at 7:54 AM, Mike Hugo <mike@piragua.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm wondering if there's an easy way to make sure a jar we have with
custom server side iterators gets properly placed into the tserver classpath
on each tserver (in ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/ext).  We are about to integrate that
into our devops scripts so that the jar is put in the right place as part of
server install and configuration, but i was wondering - is there a way to
put the jar into HDFS or something so that it's more "automagically" picked
up by all the tservers?