accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Knowing when an iterator is at the "last row/entry"
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 00:30:07 GMT
Greetings folks,
I have an iterator that extends RowFilter and I have a case where I need to
know when its defined date format doesn't match the format of the data
being scanned by the iterator.  I don't want to flood the tserver log with
an error per row (how horrid that would be), but instead keep a counter of
the number of times that error occurs during a scan or major compaction.

Trouble is, I don't see any way to know when an iterator is on the "last
row" or "last entry" in its scan on a tabletserver, as if I could test for
that, I could then dump my single log message with the count of date format
parse errors for that scan/compaction.

Anyone know a way to determine if an iterator is at the "last entry" or
"last row" of its execution?

Many thanks in advance.