accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wall <mjw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback requested - Accumulo Quickstart
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 02:42:27 GMT
Hi David,

No, hadn't planned to support VMs of any kind.  I personally have found
Accumulo in a VM to be distractingly slow.  I don't do Windows though, so a
local install has always been an option.

The whole point of the quickstart is to install directly on a local machine
in one directory.  Users should be able to ignore everything and begin
working immediately, well immediately after waiting for everything to
download and start.  But when they want to dig deeper, everything is
installed.  And should it be needed, users can remove the entire directory
and start all over.

I feel as though I am missing something in your question though.

Thanks

Mike