accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Key length limitations
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 07:12:41 GMT
On the order of a kilobyte, or less, per key segment is probably
ideal. Beyond that, you may want to experiment to see what works for
you.

Up to the order of a megabyte may work fine in newer versions (at
least 1.4), but I'd start having concerns about your schema decisions
after that, even if your performance was fine... since ultimately,
Accumulo tables are a sorted index, and I'd wonder what kind of index
needs such large keys.

I suspect a few hundred bytes is probably plenty for most applications.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii