accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Knowing when an iterator is at the "last row/entry"
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 15:30:28 GMT
whats is your goal?  It seems like you want to produce counts about bad
data suppressed at scan time.  What will you do with these counts?  Will
you ever purge the bad data?  How did the bad data get there?  If you are
not bulk importing the data, then maybe you could add constraints to the
table?

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Terry P. <texpilot@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings folks,
> I have an iterator that extends RowFilter and I have a case where I need
> to know when its defined date format doesn't match the format of the data
> being scanned by the iterator.  I don't want to flood the tserver log with
> an error per row (how horrid that would be), but instead keep a counter of
> the number of times that error occurs during a scan or major compaction.
>
> Trouble is, I don't see any way to know when an iterator is on the "last
> row" or "last entry" in its scan on a tabletserver, as if I could test for
> that, I could then dump my single log message with the count of date format
> parse errors for that scan/compaction.
>
> Anyone know a way to determine if an iterator is at the "last entry" or
> "last row" of its execution?

I do not think there is a good way to do this.  ACCUMULO-1280