accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: documentation regarding WAL
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:15:13 GMT
The documentation is out of date for 1.5.  Its ok for 1.4.

In 1.4 tservers write to logger servers which write to local disk.
 Starting in 1.5 tservers write their WALs directly to HDFS.

In 1.4 and1.5 the master will coordinate sorting of logs for recovery
purposes.  In 1.4 loggers do the sorting.  In 1.5 tservers do the sorting.
 In both versions the sorted logs are stored in HDFS.