accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <busbey+li...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: accumulo startup issue: Accumulo not initialized, there is no instance id at /accumulo/instance_id
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 22:14:03 GMT
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Kesten Broughton <kbroughton@21ct.com>wrote:

> I have seen similar problems caused by only installing the bin rpm.
> The docs seem to suggest you can choose one or the other.
>
> However, I was only able to get it to work by installing both and then
> selecting the one i would use in the config files - accumulo-env.sh
>
> accumulo-1.5.0-bin.rpm mirrors (gpg signature)
> accumulo-1.5.0-native.rpm mirrors (gpg signature)

Christopher can correct me (since he knows the most about packaging), but I
believe the native rpm just adds pre-built libraries for our native memory
maps. It's an optimization that you don't strictly need.

> ------------
> Seems related to the message...
>

> raduser@cvaraddemo01>./hadoop fs -ls /accumulo/instance_id/
> 2014-01-15 15:05:05,220 WARN  [main] util.NativeCodeLoader
> (NativeCodeLoader.java:<clinit>(62)) - Unable to load native-hadoop library
> for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
> ls: `/accumulo/instance_id/': No such file or directory
> raduser@cvaraddemo01>./hadoop fs -ls /accumulo/sis/
> 2014-01-15 15:05:18,974 WARN  [main] util.NativeCodeLoader
> (NativeCodeLoader.java:<clinit>(62)) - Unable to load native-hadoop library
> for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
> ls: `/accumulo/sis/': No such file or directory

 This is actually an unrelated problem with the Hadoop installation, not
Accumulo. It just means that the paths for loading Hadoop are wrong.

Accumulo tries to guess based on common paths in HADOOP_PREFIX[1], but
sometimes it's wrong (or they're not installed). Again, this is just an
optimization measure and you can ignore it if you're just looking to test
PoC or correctness.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/1.5.0/bin/accumulo#L114