accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Arshak Navruzyan <arsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ISAM file location vs. read performance
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2014 18:58:31 GMT
John,

Thanks for the explanation.  I had to look up the HDFS block distribution
documentation and it now makes complete sense.

"the 1st replica is placed on the local machine"

So since the compacted RFile is not splittable by HDFS, this ensures that
the whole thing will be available where the Accumulo tablet is running.

Maybe I can test out the shortcircuit reads and report back.

Thanks,

Arshak