accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: "Re-applying" split file to a table?
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 19:24:49 GMT
Aaron,

If you attempt to apply the same splits file, then you are attempting to
add already existing splits. Since the data is already split on those
points, there are no changes, and nothing happens, exactly as you observed.

If you apply a different split file to the existing data (after it already
had the initial and natural splits), then you will likely get more split
points. The data might not split immediately, but you can prompt it to do
so by issuing a major compaction. Your underlying data will not change, but
you should see more tablets in your table via the monitor interface.

Mike