accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmarion <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Found two locations for the same extent
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:12:24 GMT
I dont recall ever seeing/hearing of this situation. Maybe someone else on the list has. Have
you had any recent failures?

-------- Original message --------
From: Anthony F <afccri@gmail.com>
Date:01/25/2014  11:03 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Found two locations for the same extent

Yes, I tried killing one and waiting for the system to stabilize - nothing changed.  Tried
killing both, same deal.  I even tried bouncing the whole system.  I found a previous message
about how to grant write permissions on !METADATA to root and was able to delete one of the
offending entries.  At that point, the system stabilized.  Any tips on avoiding getting
into this situation?