accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: data loss around splits when tserver goes down
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:29:33 GMT
I meant to reply to your original email, but I didn't yet, sorry.

First off, if Accumulo is reporting that it found multiple locations for
the same extent, this is a (very bad) bug in Accumulo. It might be worth
looking at tickets that at marked as "affects 1.5.0" and "fixed in
1.5.1" on Jira. It's likely that we've already encountered and fixed the
issue, but, if you can't find a fix that was already made, we don't want
to overlook the potential need for one.

For both "live" and "bulk" ingest, *neither* should lose any data. This
is one thing that Accumulo should never be doing. If you have multiple
locations for an extent, it seems plausible to me that you would run
into data loss. However, you should focus on trying to determine why you
keep running into multiple locations for a tablet.

After you take a look at Jira, I would likely go ahead and file a jira
to track this since it's easier to follow than an email thread. Be sure
to note if there is anything notable about your installation (did you
download it directly from the accumulo.apache.org site)? You should also
include what OS and version and what Hadoop and ZooKeeper versions you
are running.