accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk ingest losing tablet server
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 19:31:21 GMT
You can alter instance.zookeeper.timeout in accumulo.

Defaults to 30 seconds. You can override by specifying in
accumulo-site.xml or by using `config -s instance.zookeeper.timeout=60s`
in the Accumulo shell.

Beware that this will potentially make your system less responsive to
these failures (the amount of time for Accumulo to notice failure,
assign and recover will increase with your new timeout).

As far as logs go, you should be able to see something near the end of
the tserver*.debug.log file that lets you know that the tabletserver
lost its lock. You shouldn't have to dig really hard if this is the case.