accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Steve Kruse <skr...@adaptivemethods.com>
Subject RE: accumulo startup issue: Accumulo not initialized, there is no instance id at /accumulo/instance_id
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:51:46 GMT

2014-01-16 13:38:26,404 [util.NativeCodeLoader] WARN : Unable to load native-hadoop library
2014-01-16 13:38:26,980 [server.Accumulo] INFO : Attempting to talk to zookeeper
2014-01-16 13:38:27,228 [server.Accumulo] INFO : Zookeeper connected and initialized, attemping
2014-01-16 13:38:27,321 [server.Accumulo] INFO : Connected to HDFS
Starting tracer on localhost
WARN : Max files open on localhost is 1024, recommend 65536

As you can tell I have everything setup to work locally.  The tablet server seems to be up...

From: Mike Drob [mailto:madrob@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:45 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: accumulo startup issue: Accumulo not initialized, there is no instance id at
/accumulo/instance_id

The tracer does performance metrics logging, and stores the data internally in accumulo. It
needs a tablet server running to persist everything and will complain until it finds one.
Are your tablet servers and loggers running? I would stop your tracer app until you have everything
else up.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Steve Kruse <skruse@adaptivemethods.com<mailto:skruse@adaptivemethods.com>>