accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Steve Kruse <skr...@adaptivemethods.com>
Subject RE: accumulo startup issue: Accumulo not initialized, there is no instance id at /accumulo/instance_id
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:55:29 GMT
I am using 1.5.0.  I run accumulo init and it seems to correctly create the instance and I
can see it in zookeeper.  Here is the init output, I have run it several times, so I tell
it to delete the old instance.

raduser@cvaraddemo01>./accumulo init
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

Warning!!! Your instance secret is still set to the default, this is not secure. We highly
recommend you change it.

You can change the instance secret in accumulo by using:
   bin/accumulo org.apache.accumulo.server.util.ChangeSecret oldPassword newPassword.
You will also need to edit your secret in your configuration file by adding the property instance.secret
to your conf/accumulo-site.xml. Without this accumulo will not operate correctly
Instance name : sis
Instance name "sis" exists. Delete existing entry from zookeeper? [Y/N] : Y
Enter initial password for root (this may not be applicable for your security setup): ********
Confirm initial password for root: ********

Thanks,
Steve