accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject RE: List of unique qualifiers [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:06:04 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

Just for simplicity, this is a one of request for managment so I was hoping to just scan via
the shell and output to a file.

If I need to do it via a mr job I can do it that way and would be keen to hear any suggestions.

________________________________
From: David Medinets [mailto:david.medinets@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 January 2014 09:36
To: accumulo-user
Subject: Re: List of unique qualifiers [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Why the restriction to the shell environment? A nice map-reduce job would be ideal for this
task.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Dickson, Matt MR <matt.dickson@defence.gov.au<mailto:matt.dickson@defence.gov.au>>
wrote:

UNOFFICIAL

Hi,

I need to extract a list of unique qualifier values on a table from the Accumulo shell.  For
every column there is a column family that identifies a specific qualifer, eg 'cityofbirth'.
 I would like to get a unique list of all cities that are a listed in the qualifier against
'cityofbirth' for all rows.

eg, If I had a table with

Rowid                Family            Qual
123                   cityofbirth         LosAngeles
133                   cityofbirth         Brisbane
222                   cityofbirth         London
124                   cityofbirth         London
124                   cityofbirth         London

I want a list that is just;
LosAngeles
London
Brisbane

Any suggestions on how to achieve this from the shell would great.

Thanks in advance.
Matt