accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject List of unique qualifiers [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:30:56 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

Hi,

I need to extract a list of unique qualifier values on a table from the Accumulo shell.  For
every column there is a column family that identifies a specific qualifer, eg 'cityofbirth'.
 I would like to get a unique list of all cities that are a listed in the qualifier against
'cityofbirth' for all rows.

eg, If I had a table with

Rowid                Family            Qual
123                   cityofbirth         LosAngeles
133                   cityofbirth         Brisbane
222                   cityofbirth         London
124                   cityofbirth         London
124                   cityofbirth         London

I want a list that is just;
LosAngeles
London
Brisbane

Any suggestions on how to achieve this from the shell would great.

Thanks in advance.
Matt