accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject What priority for purge filter
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:02:32 GMT
Greetings all,
With Accumulo v1.4.2, we have a purge filter/iterator that extents
RowFilter and I have a question about what priority it should be
implemented with. I see the default VersioningIterator runs at priority 20.

Our purge iterator is designed to suppress (scan time) or remove (majc or
minc compactions) rows based on the value in a column. Is it more efficient
to run our purge iterator at a higher priority than the VersioningIterator,
or does it really matter? Our VersioningIterator maxVersions is set to the
default of 1 which is what we want/need.

Thanks in advance,
Terry