accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Standby GC OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 19:29:02 GMT
Greetings folks,
With Accumulo 1.4.2 I'm running Standby Master and GC processes on my
Secondary Namenode. I've found that my Standby GC gets terminated due to
OutOfMemoryError errors after about 6 days of running, even though it is
running in standby mode only. The Standby Master is still running fine
after 3 weeks of standby mode.

My accumulo-env.sh script is using the 3GB environment default GC memory
options of -Xmx256m -Xms256m, same as on the Master where the primary GC
runs and has never gotten an OOME. At this point I don't see any reason to
try increasing that as my bet is it will only delay the OOME.

Anyone else running standby GC and running into this (or working fine)?