accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Arshak Navruzyan <arsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: schema examples
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2013 01:01:03 GMT
Jeremy,

Wow, didn't expect to get help from the author :)

How about something simple like this:

Machine    Pool      Load        ReadingTimestamp
neptune     west      5            1388191975000
neptune     west      9            1388191975010
pluto         east       13           1388191975090

These are the areas I am unclear on:

1.  Should the transpose table be built as part of ingest code or as an
accumulo combiner?
2.  What does the degree table do in this example ?  The paper mentions
it's useful for query optimization.  How?
3.  Does D4M accommodate "repurposing" the row_id to a partition key?  The
wikisearch shows how the partition id is important for parallel scans of
the index.  But since Accumulo is a row store how can you do fast lookups
by row if you've used the row_id as a partition key.

Thank you,

Arshak