accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standby GC OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 21:41:18 GMT
I fired up a standby GC after I reduced the wait time between zookeeper
lock checks to 10ms, and changed the memory from 256M to 56M.  It's been
running for the last hour.  I didn't expect it to fail, but I wanted to
make sure it wasn't reproducible.

It's possible that you are running up against an nproc limit.   We've seen
out of memory issues when the JVM can't create a new thread.

(I ran the test with 1.4.5-SNAPSHOT)

-Eric