accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Joe Gresock <jgres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo advice
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 23:51:56 GMT
To follow up, we continued to experience Zookeeper ConnectionLossExceptions
even after following Josh's advice on our cluster.  After running some
diagnostics, we found that our VMs were under intermittently heavy loads,
which we could not control.

Instead of continuing to optimize our resource usage, we simply increased
the following settings:

zoo.cfg:
# 2 minutes
maxSessionTimeout=120000
initLimit=20
syncLimit=10

accumulo-site.xml
instance.zookeeper.timeout=120s

Since then, we haven't seen a single ConnectionLossException on our
cluster, despite a known network hiccup in our VM environment of ~5 minutes.

We don't know what the long term impact on our cluster will be, but we're
optimistic that our "pessimistic" cluster will stay up!