accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Ott, Charles H." <CHARLES.H....@leidos.com>
Subject 1.5 on cdh4u5
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:32:56 GMT
I am having a few issues getting 1.5 to run with cdh4u5 parcels
installation.

The baseline Accumulo-site.xml did not seem to point to a proper
classpath, so I have made some modifications to the configuration.

I was able to initialize the database (./accumulo init) and did not
receive any errors when doing so.

# vars from my accumulo-env.sh

HADOOP_PREFIX=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop

HADOOP_CONF_DIR="$HADOOP_PREFIX/etc/hadoop

ZOOKEEPER_HOME=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/zookeeper

# cdh4 stuff I added to accumulo-env.sh

export HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop-hdfs

export
HADOOP_MAPREDUCE_HOME=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hadoop-mapreduce

# ACCUMULO_HOME is set as an env var for the 'hdfs' user.  Which has
ownership of the Accumulo home and walogs folder.

# the accumulo-site.xml general.classpath info

<property>

    <name>general.classpaths</name>

    <value>

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/server/target/classes/,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/accumulo-server.jar,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/core/target/classes/,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/accumulo-core.jar,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/start/target/classes/,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/accumulo-start.jar,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/fate/target/classes/,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/accumulo-fate.jar,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/proxy/target/classes/,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/accumulo-proxy.jar,

      $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/[^.].*.jar,

      $ZOOKEEPER_HOME/zookeeper[^.].*.jar,

      $HADOOP_CONF_DIR,

      $HADOOP_PREFIX/[^.].*.jar,

      $HADOOP_PREFIX/lib/[^.].*.jar,

      $HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/.*.jar,

      $HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/lib/.*.jar,

      $HADOOP_MAPREDUCE_HOME/.*.jar,

      $HADOOP_MAPREDUCE_HOME/lib/.*.jar

    </value>

    <description>Classpaths that accumulo checks for updates and class
files.

      When using the Security Manager, please remove the
".../target/classes/" values.

    </description>

  </property>

I have also disabled ipv6, selinux, and dfs.permissions.

Also increases ulimit to 65536, swapiness set to 10, ntpd installed and
running.

Trying to start Accumulo as the 'hdfs' user as my current 1.4.4 cluster
is running on cdh3u6.

But, when I run ./start-all.sh I have the following issues:

1.)    Monitor thread dies:

Thread "monitor" died null

        at
a:57)

        at
Impl.java:43)

        at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:101)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
("java.util.PropertyPermission" "*" "read,write")

        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.
java:372)

        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:559
)

        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:549)

        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertiesAccess(SecurityManager.java:126
9)

        at java.lang.System.getProperties(System.java:624)

        at
org.apache.commons.configuration.SystemConfiguration.<init>(SystemConfig
uration.java:38)

        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.Property.getDefaultValue(Property.java:384
)

        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.DefaultConfiguration.iterator(DefaultConfi
guration.java:52)

        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.ConfigSanityCheck.validate(ConfigSanityChe
ck.java:29)

        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.DefaultConfiguration.getInstance(DefaultCo
nfiguration.java:37)

        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.AccumuloConfiguration.getDefaultConfigurat
ion(AccumuloConfiguration.java:153)

        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.AccumuloConfiguration.getSiteConfiguration
(AccumuloConfiguration.java:163)

        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.security.SecurityUtil.serverLogin(SecurityUtil.
java:39)

        at
org.apache.accumulo.server.monitor.Monitor.main(Monitor.java:451)

        ... 6 more

2.)    Master does not start or log anything beyond this:

(org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader).

log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for
more info.