accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove tablet server from running instance
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 15:47:25 GMT
The "graceful" way to do this is to ssh to each of the hosts you want to
remove and run $ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/stop-here.sh

Be sure to update your $ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/slaves (or
$ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR/slaves) file to account for the removal of these hosts.

Accumulo will automatically rebalance the tablets across the available
tabletservers (it's doing this constantly during normal operations).