accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Korb, Michael [USA]" <Korb_Mich...@bah.com>
Subject importdirectory command gets stuck
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 02:04:19 GMT
Sometimes when I try to run importdirectory on Rfiles, the thread hangs and eventually fails.
The shell says, "WARN : Thread 'shell' stuck on IO to …" and the Recent Logs in the UI say
"Thread 'bulk import XX' stuck on IO" and "rpc failed server … org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
…"

Sometimes it puts the Rfiles in failures, and sometimes it writes a text file failures.txt
in failures, where failures.txt contains the location of an Rfile in HDFS under the Accumulo
data directory.

Is there any way to fix this Thrift error so I can complete bulk ingest? Also, what does failures.txt
mean? It looks like the Rfile is in the right place. I would greatly appreciate any help with
these issues.

Thanks,
Mike