accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tabletserver message "Running low on memory"
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 21:25:01 GMT
Hi Josh,
Thanks for your exhaustive reply. I am using Native maps, and it's set to
1G in my accumulo-site.xml.  The data and index cache settings there are
still at their 3G default values as well (50M and 512M).  I definitely
didn't realize that and will increase their size given I have plenty of
memory sitting around idle (it was intended to be used for caching too!).

Will increasing the tserver.memory.maps.max in accumulo-site.xml perhaps
help reduce these warning messages?  My only concern is that an operator
may be monitoring the Accumulo Monitor GUI and see the memory warnings and
think "Oh no, we're almost out of memory, I should page someone!"

Based on what you've seen, is the warning innocuous and can just be ignored?