accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Slater, David M." <David.Sla...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject AgeOff Filter - Compaction needed?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:58:39 GMT
Hi, I would like to automatically ageoff old data; however my understanding of AgeOff iterators
is that they would require a compaction or scan to take effect. For information that is in
tablets that are no longer being added to or scanned, the ageoff filter would not take effect,
correct?

Would I need to force a compaction or merge in order to remove those records, or would it
be better to write my own script to remove rows? (I'm using 1.4 - is this behavior different
in 1.5 or 1.6?)

Thanks,
David