accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Standby Master question
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 20:51:56 GMT
It looks like you can configure multiple hosts for GC and they'll use
ZooKeeper to perform failover (like the master).

Tracers -- You can run multiple tracer processes. You likely don't need
1:1 as you run tservers, but you can run a few if you're concerned about
it. They're not required for Accumulo operation.

Same for the monitor. If you need to have multiple running for failover
purposes, it looks like you can specify multiple and it will just launch
a monitor on each host you specified. There's no centralize URL you can
always hit here. You would have to check each one to find one that was,
unless you want to run some sort of reverse-proxy in front of them all.

_obligatory I just looked to source code to come to this conclusion_