accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Accumulo init over existing instance
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 21:32:14 GMT
So reverse DNS wasn't working when I deployed my new cluster, thus all my
Tablet Servers were showing up in the Monitor as IP addresses (even though
all configuration files had hostnames only).  Lesson learned: trust, but
verify (and ensure your hardened base servers still have nslookup and/or
dig on them).

Now that DNS is fixed, I want to wipe everything clean and re-init Accumulo
to ensure everything is legit using hostnames to ensure the cluster is not
tied to IP addresses.

I know I need to do a new 'accumulo init' -- I'll pass in the same instance
name, and my understanding is that will overwrite everything currently in
Zookeeper.

My question is: is there anything else I could/should do first to "clean
up" from this botched instance?  E.g. should I delete all files in HDFS,
the write-ahead logs on the Tablet Servers, etc.?  I'm running Accumulo
1.4.2.

Thanks,
Terry