accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get count of table rows using accumulo shell
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:53:28 GMT
Hi guys,
I'm still a bit of a newbie as I'm more of an admin than a developer, and
now that formal testing has begun, I have testers asking me how to get a
total count of records in Accumulo for verification purposes after test
ingests have been run.

In our case when I say "records" I mean the number of distinct rowkeys, not
the total number of entries.

Is there any way to do this using just the Accumulo shell, maybe by writing
an aggregator or other class that can be run from within the Accumulo shell?

Many thanks in advance,
Terry