accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo init over existing instance
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 23:50:51 GMT
Thanks Jared.

John, thanks for the warning!  I lost a dev cluster once when we had to
re-IP the Accumulo servers, but reverse DNS wasn't configured and I assumed
that was why.  Guess that wasn't.

Keith, I read through ACCUMULO-1585 but it wasn't completely clear if the
change proposed would also allow a server or servers in a cluster to have
its IP address changed.  I hope it will, as while having to re-IP a server
or cluster is fairly rare, it certainly happens (as it did in our case).

Thanks all,
Terry