accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>
Subject Re: How to reduce number of entries in memory
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:30:24 GMT
What are you trying to accomplish by reducing the number of entries in
memory? A tablet server will not minor compact (flush) until the native map
fills up, but keeping things in memory isn't really a performance concern.

You can force a one-time minor compaction via the shell using the 'flush'
command.