accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Terry Padgett <te...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Vagrant Setup For Three Node Accumulo Cluster
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 20:23:53 GMT
Hello David,

This is quite excellent!  After a few roadbumps (see below) I was able to
spin up a 1.5 cluster with "vagrant up".  I'm not sure what I'll do with
all the free time now ;)

I did have a couple of issues though.  First, I didn't have a precise64 box
available, so I defined the download URL in the Vagrantfile with:
config.vm.box_url = "http://files.vagrantup.com/precise64.box"

And the root password was not "secret" when I logged into the VM's.  I'm
not sure if this is a side-effect of using a different box but I resolved
the issue by logging in with "vagrant ssh", sudo'ing to root and changing
the password.

One self-inflicted wound was caused by upgrading my Mac to OS X Mavericks
today.  That managed to destroy my /dev/vboxdrv and /dev/vboxnetctl files
and I had to reinstall VirtualBox in order to recover. Otherwise the
Accumulo setup would fail. But that was my problem!

Great work!

Thanks,
Terry

Terry Padgett