accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Aru Sahni <arusa...@gmail.com>
Subject Pyaccumulo deletions
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:05:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Accumulo and am still trying to wrap my head around its ways. To
further that challenge, I'm using Pyaccumulo, which doesn't present much in
terms of available reference material.

Right now I'm trying to understand how Accumulo manages record (key-value
pair) deletions.

conn = Accumulo(host, port, user, password)
table = 'test_table'
conn.create_table(table)
writer = conn.create_batch_writer(table)
mut = Mutation('mut_01')
mut.put(cf='item', cq='name', value='car')
writer.add_mutation(mut)
writer.close()
conn.close()

Will generate a record (found via a shell scan):

mut_01 item:name []    car

However the subsequent mutation...

writer = conn.create_batch_writer(table)
mut = Mutation('mut_01')
mut.put(cf='item', cq='name', is_delete=True)
writer.add_mutation(mut)
writer.close()

Results in:

mut_01 item:name []

How should one expect the deleted row to be represented? That record sticks
around even after I force a compaction of the table.  I was expecting it to
not show up in any iterators, or at least provide an easy way to see if the
cell has been deleted.

Thanks in advance for the help,
~A