accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to reduce number of entries in memory
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:50:01 GMT
It kind of sounds like you should be more concerned about nodes randomly
dropping out of your cluster :)

If you're stuck on 1.4 series, you can try to up the property
'tserver.logger.count' to '3' instead of the default of '2' to ensure
that you have a greater chance of not losing a WAL replica.

With 1.5, you'll get your HDFS replication (which is likely 3, as well).
I'm not sure off the top of my head if the 1.4 loggers have an rack
locality for nodes (e.g. one replicas on rack, and one off rack).

Regardless, trying to avoid network glitches is likely the better
approach. If a tablet has any WAL file (regardless of the amount of data
stored in it), you're still going to have to recovery/replay that WAL
before the tablet can come back online in the event of a failure happening.