accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop 2 and Accumulo 1.6.0
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 04:58:54 GMT
Highlights from hadoop.apache.org

     YARN - A general purpose resource management system for Hadoop to
allow MapReduce and other other data processing frameworks and services
     High Availability for HDFS
     HDFS Federation
     HDFS Snapshots
     NFSv3 access to data in HDFS
     Support for running Hadoop on Microsoft Windows
     Binary Compatibility for MapReduce applications built on hadoop-1.x
     Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in
the ecosystem

Additionally, I believe there are substantial improvements in HDFS which
should improve general performance for all filesystem ops.